Thursday, August 24, 2006

Part Three

We’re sitting at Café Brazil with my laptop, scanning over the World Endurance website.
“Just try. You never know what could happen, and you’ll never know unless you try.”
My girlfriend’s words rang true and I could feel it. I still didn’t think I stood a chance of actually pulling it off, but I wrote the post on the WEC message board anyway.
“Alright,” I said, “I’ll try to find a team that will accept me but I just don’t think this is going to come together this year. Maybe next season, but it is just too late for 2006. Besides, nothing qualifies me as a mechanic aside from wrenching on my own motorcycle and attending some races.”



Two days after posting my little message on the WEC message board I had a pair of replies. One was from a top flight British outfit, the other from a guy named Hans that could write just enough English to get his point across and make him dangerous to my active imagination. His team, Primo Racing, was interested in hearing from me. Upon contacting both teams by email I learned that the British outfit would have me over only as an observer: they had a full team of mechanics and would not need any additional assistance. Primo Racing, on the other hand, was in need of some help and offered to feed, house and entertain me while in Europe on my ideal two and a half week vacation.

Continue >>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home