Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hell Week Day 8 - Rain, Wind & Snow

It is the morning of Hell Week Day 8 - Saturday, March 20th and I am trying to decide if I will chance the roads. We just had thunderstorms roll through so the roads are a mess, and the wind speed just hit 25+mph. Add to that the lack of sun and a temperature of 36 degrees (feels like... less). Decisions, decisions. If the weather were better I would already be riding, but given the circumstances I am just not sure it would be a good idea.

Probably not, but you never know. More later, should the situation change.

Sadly, I did not ride today. I wanted to pretty badly, but the wind speeds are just too high with sustained winds at 30 mph and 40+ mph gusts. After breakfast I did walk around town for awhile and it actually began to snow for about 30 minutes. Nothing stuck, but it was another clear indication of the unfriendly weather. Despite not reaching my ultimate goal mileage, I had an awesome week here in Fredericksburg and you can read a little bit more in my wrap up.


Hell Week Wrap -->

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home